Denture Care, Orono ME
College Avenue Dental Associates
Call us today at ☎ College Avenue Dental Associates Phone Number 207-866-5591 with questions or to make an appointment.
Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Some dentures can warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.